Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blessings All Around

Spring is coming, I can feel it in the air, I can hear it with the birds singing in the morning and I can see it with the bright sun shining. Thank you Lord for changes. This being our year of change, Spring is just what I need to be renewed and rejuvenated.

We've been blessed this week already and it's only Tuesday. Sunday night I broke out part of a filling in my tooth and was in some pain because of it. My dentist was able to get me in right away and two hours and a new filling later I was praising God for holding me strong. And not just that but my insurance along should cover half the cost. Half is good in my book. That doesn't include Josh's dental insurance, so praying for His mercies there.

On another note I have to brag on my sweet boy a minute. Ethan started speech therapy on December 20th. We knew we had to act fast with the First Steps program because he only qualifies for services until he turns 3. Well with today being March 1 we are 16 days away from the big 3 (as I sniff). Anyway, since then he's met with his speech therapist (Monica) once a week for an hour. After First Steps is no longer an option it goes to the school system. Ethan and I have spent the past two Monday mornings at Clinton Prairie for his extensive speech evaluation. This is a much bigger test then what First Steps does. At first I was nervous but he really surprised me, even the first day. Fast forward to the phone call today and here are his results. Keeping in mind the average range for his age group is 85-100. Ethan's scores are: vocabulary = 105 (she said he has terrific language), auditory = 98, expressive = 102.......total score 100! So proud of my boy. Thank you God for working through Monica and through his teachers and through us to see him succeed.

And lastly....at least for this post....we accomplished our week long fast from TV and the recreational use of the Internet last week. What a blessing that was. Josh was able to memorize Hebrews 4:12 and recite it to become a member of Lighthouse Baptist Church's Sword Club. So proud of him! I decided we both needed to be challenging each other spiritually from time to time so that was my challenge to him. I knew he could do it. My challenge from Josh was to finish the book of Psalms and start something new. Check, done - I did it! I finished Psalms by Friday night and started Job on the way to church on Saturday morning. I just love where God is taking us.

No comments:

Post a Comment