Sunday, January 16, 2011

Back to Basics

Today our church revealed it's goals for 2011 with the theme "Back to the Basics" and I thought it was a perfect theme for the year. This is a good sum up of how I want 2011 to go for us here at home too. For  us to get back to the basics, back to the way things were before they got complicated, unorganized, and crazy. The pastor is challenging 10 new people to train as soul winners and 40 people to read through their bibles through a year. I'm up for that challenge and I believe that Josh is up for the soul winners challenge. I just need to be more supportive of him doing so.
I'm stll reading in Proverbs but haven't had as much time as I would like to read for almost a full week. Main reason being that both kids have been sick with high fevers lasting about 3 days a piece. But now both are well and we can get back into our regular routine. Having a pastor who not only tells you that you "should" read through your bible but challenges you is helpful. I know he'll help to keep us accountable. Josh said that the youth pastor and his wife want to have us and the kids out at some point too so that's encouraging. We want to be involved and our gift seems to be with kids and youth. I'm interested in seeing where that grows/develops in the future.
So anyway, "back to basics" let's get this right this year. Back to the bible, back to prayer, back to putting God first and everything else after, for making my testimony go before me and carry me through instead of conforming in any way to the standards of this world. Lord, with you as my Helper and Friend I can make it through this time, through this change and through this year. This and any other area that may need help or correction. Lord I pray that you continue to strengthen my marriage, give us patience and understanding and strength as we strive to raise our children up for you, help us to make the best decisions that we can with our money so that we can get back on top, get caught up and stay current going forward. That we can make major progress with less struggling on a weekly basis. We pray always expecting great things. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment