Thursday, February 17, 2011

Grace will see us through

I’ve been doing a lot of praying lately, a lot of searching for ways to better myself and my walk with God. I know I fall short constantly but I am aiming for more…it’s just a matter of staying the course. We are still struggling week to week financially and while we continue to pray that God will meet our needs and meet us where we are, we also continue to pray for revival. The struggles that we are facing are really no different then so many others, the economy has taken a fall over the past few years and many of us are feeling the effects of that. However, we have God on our side and we hold tight to that knowledge, power and understanding that only He can give us.
Grace seems to be a recurring theme in my life over the last week or so. God’s grace is sufficient for us. It’s by His grace that we are saved, that our sins are forgiven and we can find peace and comfort in His grace. But I loved this; grace is the gift that God gave us. It’s a gift, straight from Him! Man that alone gives me so much comfort. I tell you, there have been so many times lately where I’ve just been so frazzled, so torn over the little things and it just about kills me because I know – hey, this isn’t right, this is Satan saying “a ha, I got you where I want you” and I have to remember that God’s grace is with me.
Ms. Dawn gave a great little message Tuesday night at the Ladies Fellowship; it wasn’t a long message because we had just watched an hour long movie. But what she said stuck with me. We have to be patient and wait on God, He’s in control of His time table and it may not be instant like we always want. Healing isn’t instant, money doesn’t fall from the trees, live may change in the blink of an eye for some but for others it requires waiting. When we feel so discouraged, so troubled and we feel we can’t go on one more second…..that might just have been the second that God has His hand over us waiting to bless us and we missed it all because we gave up the fight.
I have to remember that we didn’t get into this situation over night and we won’t get out of it over night either. I have to stay in this time of trial knowing that God is using this to bless us. It sure may not feel like a blessing right now and yes there are times that I just want to quit, to say we’ve done all we can….oh but wait – there it is again. “We’ve” done all we can, it’s not about us. It’s about Him. He has a plan and purpose in all of this and we (mainly me) need to realize that. I can’t give in, I can’t give up, I can’t quit because I don’t want to miss out on God’s richest blessings. He could, if it was His will, bless us with millions tomorrow (my God is a big God, He really could do that) but would I really see the true victory there or would I take it for granted and run?
I’m in this time of trial to learn from my mistakes. I’m in this time of trial to learn how to be patient and wait upon the Lord. I’m in this time of trial because God is working in me. So rather than complain about it, play the “woe is me” card on myself making me feel sad, abandoned and frustrated with God for not answering my prayers the way I want…..I should instead just focus on saying “thank you God for being here with me, for walking with us through this fire, for refining us that we may shine for You!” So Lord, I thank you! I know you are with me, I feel your presence, and I see you and feel you in the words I read from the book of Psalms. I’m grateful for everything you’ve given me. I have so much to be thankful for and that’s where my focus should be. I love you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment