Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ok God, I'm listening!

So I got through the day yesterday realizing that my prayers weren’t in vain, it’s just a part of the trials of life and I will persevere…..then comes today! Thank you Lord for hearing my prayers and for slapping me in my face when I needed it most. I got a great wakeup call in the form of not only a daily devotion but also in my daily reading. Talk about the Word of God coming forth at just the time you need it most. I love days like this.
It started with a daily devotion that Josh receives from Old Paths Journal and Brother Allen Domelle. If you’ve never met Allen Domelle, he’s a great evangelist and digs deep into a simple passage of scripture to drive home a message. This morning’s message was called “Where Is God?” and it sums up what I was feeling yesterday to a T. This part really got me:
 Christian, one of the greatest tests that you will ever face in your Christian walk is to see how long you will continue to do right even when you don't seem to know where God's presence is. There are going to be times in your life when trials are present and you won't be able to find God.  There will be times when you are going through the greatest turmoil of your life and though you will feel that you really need to feel God's presence you will feel all alone. 
It is in these times when you must continue to go forward, for this is part of God's purification process.  Part of God's purification process is to hide Himself from you to see if you will continue doing right when you don't seem to know where He is.  The reason God does this is because this proves to Him if you are real.  This proves to God that you believe doing right is the right thing to do even when God's presence is not felt. 
Yes, I feel like I’m walking through this fire alone sometimes but then I realize, He’s always there. He’s counting on me to continue to show my faith through any and all circumstances. As the Pastor said a few weeks ago, it’s when we are in the fire that our true colors show – I fail in this area (finances) every single time. Nothing sets me off like our financial situation and that seems to be drawing plenty of attention from Satan because he keeps using it to attack me on a daily, weekly, monthly and for the last two years – annual basis! What I need to realize most of all is that if God can bring me to it, He will be there with me and He will walk beside me through it all – even when I don’t feel His presence. He is the all knowing, all powerful, mighty God who was and is and is to come. Nothing is too powerful for Him, including helping us to overcome our debt issues.
Then we get into my Bible reading for today. Keep in mind I’m reading through the book of Psalms right now which took me through Chapters 25-32 today. In Psalm 27 I was reminded in verse 1 that I have nothing to fear as the word says “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” Then again in Psalm 28 verse 7 reads “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.” In these two verses I’m reminded that #1 God IS my strength, He is my help in time of trouble, He is my strength, my light and my salvation. This world may get me down and out but I have a Father in Heaven who loves me, who wants the best for me, who is always with me. What more could I want or need in life aside from that knowledge there. This world is not my home, it’s just my temporary home until I graduate to glory and reside in my final resting place. I can’t take anything of this world with me when I’m gone, why do I let it control me so much?! My biggest issue is always in letting go and letting God. I can give it to Him in prayer and take it right back the next time things come to a head. All I can do is ask for people to keep me accountable and keep me stay grounded in my faith, in my trust and in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment