Friday, December 3, 2010

Can't get a good woman down....

Today I was told not to come into work until around 11 due to some electrical work being done we'd be without power much of the morning. That was spot on, while I arrived at 10:30, we didn't have power restored until just before noon and then it took another 20 minutes for the server to come back on. So I spent this morning at home doing some "clean up" of my Facebook account and removing many friends that I had on there but for no reason really. I paid a few bills and looked at the disaster that is my own with an overwhelming anxiety that it will never be perfect and clean as long as we live there. I made a list of all the "chores" that I want to see accomplished but there is just never enough time in a day or in any given weekend with the running we do to get it all done. But I have to start somewhere and at least having a list helps to set my feet in the right direction. While I was home I also did my bible reading for the day, reading through the book of Ruth. This is where my title comes from; despite the obstacles that Ruth and Naomi faced at the loss of their husbands Ruth stayed with Naomi and found favor with Boaz who let her glean in his fields that she might not go hungry and then took her as his wife so the family name would go on. Ruth could have easily returned to Moab just as Orpah did when Naomi said she had nothing more to offer her daughters-in-law....but she made a pack with Naomi that she wasn't going to leave her. You can't keep a good woman down!

Lord Jesus, what a victory we have in you that while we trust in you, life for you, follow you....you will get us through every obstacle in life that we face. Thank you for the words read in the book of Ruth and for the drive to never give up, to never back down, to work the works for you and trust that you will always provide for the needs in such a way to bring you glory. I'm so grateful Lord that Josh and I had time to talk last night, it might not have been the most pleasant of conversation but there was healing in the words exchanged and we needed that. We need to continue to cleave one to the other as best friends, partners and offer each other encouragement, support and accountability. Continue to do a work in us and through us Lord, this is our prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment