Friday, December 17, 2010

Nahum

So today I read the book of Nahum for the very first time. Short book, only three chapters but I have to say. I'm going to have to read it again. Simply because I know that no book would be included in the bible if it didn't have a purpose, if there wasn't something to be learned in it. It seems to be one of those books that in the first read through you feel it's kind of a "doom and gloom" book focusing on God's wrath of Nineveh. But having read Jonah I know that Nineveh confesses and turns from their wicked ways. So, I may just have to read it again. I will highlight it and make a note and we'll see what time is available to me at the end of this year long journey for go backs, for repeats, and for digging deeper. Right now my focus is on reading, but in doing so I want not just to read but to grow and to learn....that is why I will be coming back to this book. I don't want to feel like it was a book that I just read and that I got absolutely nothing out of.
So 17 days into my journey, while I've missed a few days here and there, I can proudly say that I have read 14 books of the bible and that's a total of 39 chapters. My count, based on the number of chapters in the bible, is that in order to be "on track" to read the bible in a year I need to be reading a little more than three chapters a day. So by that count, I am behind and have work to do to keep myself on track, to not back down from my challenge. I refuse to fail this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment