Monday, December 27, 2010

Possessions Vs. Purpose

Our Pastor preached a great message yesterday morning about making sure our purpose is more important than our possessions. Meaning we should be constantly striving to live for God's purpose, His best, then for the possessions of this world. This is the main reason we have discontentment in our lives and I'd have to agree. For so long it's been about wanting what we want, many times wanting what we can't have and making our lives more difficult because of it. The new car, a new house, more money, less debt, better clothes, the list can go on and on of all the things that we want that just aren't a reality in where we are. But we should be focusing on where we are, what He has blessed us with and strive to live our lives according to His will which will lead us to the greatest blessings and possessions of all. Wow - talk about eye opening. So from this point forward, I will do my best to be content in where I am, in what I have, in who I am and know that all of it is God's blessing for me life.

1 comment: